Sunday, March 2, 2014

Wardrobe Essentials


Living in LA, you are exposed to all sorts of fashion. A range of styles can be seen in all of the city from a few statement rings on each finger to a Stevie Nicks-esque shawl. Though I am trying to build a 75% black wardrobe I try to pick up as many fashion tips from the world around me. This includes celebrities, Youtubers (bless Claire Marshall and Jenn Im), and even friends. I will not state as I lay on my stomach in my bed (uncomfortably may I add) that I am some kind of fashion prodigy because let's face it, I'm not. I can still remember the bright orange skinny jeans I wore frequently in 6th+ grade. And don't even get me started on my Nike Dunk Low GS Patent Rainbow shoes... Those train wrecks are for an(ever)other day. 
Those were not my finest moments.
 Aside from that catastrophe I can say I have grown a great amount since then in my fashion tastes and with luck I can give an insight on a few key clothing/accessory essentials that are hanging in my clothing rack.

White T
The basic white t-shirt. Any outfit from a lazy 'I'm not feeling the whole "school" thing' complete with your favorite pair of sweats, to a sophisticated blazer. A white shirt can be dressed up or down. (these ramblings apply to black shirts as well)

Black Boots
When I'm not wearing my sister's "I heart my (non-existent) boyfriend" slippers you can usually find ya girl in a pair of solid black boots. They're very dependable and look great with jeans, even a dress.

Dark Jeans 
On the subject of boots, I am constantly finding myself pairing my ankle boots with some rolled up dark washed jeans. Just for the sake that it makes me feel much more cooler than I actually am.

Black Dress
The common black dress could either appear as funeral attire or be an article of clothing you make your own. I like to arrange it with a distressed jean jacket or if I am not feeling like a rebel teen (which I feel about 6 days out of the week) I would wear it with a neutral toned coat.

Black Circle Skirt
If there's one thing I love other than Fatburger's Oreo milkshake, it's wearing skirts. A black circle skirt is whimsical and can be conjoined with basically anything. Regular shirts, crop tops, etc. the choice is endless.

Striped Shirt
Wearing stripes brings me back to my adolescent days (try roughly 3 years ago) of trying to dress similarly to my One Direction idol, Louis Tomlinson. But aside from that embarrassing scenario I love wearing striped shirts with simple bottoms such as jeans.

Band Tee
Nothing is better than standing in line before/after your favorite band has taken the stage to buy merch. If merch buying was an Olympic sport I would take the gold medal. It would take a lot to make a band tee seem any less cool.


Thus concludes my favorite articles of clothing! I can only hope this brought at least a smidge of insight into how I dress. Sorry for the absence of posts but I promise to be much more consistent in the future. 
Thank you for taking the time to read my attempt at blogging it is greatly appreciated. 

take care,
F
  

No comments:

Post a Comment